Walt Disney World has addressed many FAQ’s regarding the COVID-19 Virus. A few highlights:
- Any unexpired multi-day theme park tickets with unused days, or date specific theme park tickets with a valid use period during the March 12-31, 2020 will automatically be extended through December 15, 2020.
- If you can’t get back to Disney to use those tickets in that time, you can apply for a refund.
- Any tickets to special events: Disney After Hours, Villains After Hours, pre-paid dining reservations, etc. purchased through the dates of the “shut down” will be automatically refunded.
- Annual Passholders: You’ll receive an “extension” of your expiry date of your AP for the number of days the park is closed.
- Guests who have not yet checked in for their vacation between March 16-31 may modify or cancel their Disney Resort room reservation or package. If no action is taken, Disney will automatically issue a refund to the original form of payment within 7 days of the original check in date.
- If you did NOT book your resort stay through Disney directly, this does not automatically apply. Reach out to your travel professional to find out next steps.
- Dining reservation that required a credit card hold will not be charged a cancellation or no-show fee.
- Fast Pass reservations for March 16-31 will automatically be canceled.
You can read the official FAQ statement from Disney here.
And Just one thing to note: Disney has decided to pay ALL Castmembers their regular wages while the parks have shut down. Despite the fact that Disney will lose BILLIONS of dollars because of this shut down, they are still willing to do right by their employees and pay them even though they won’t be able to work.
This is why I fully commit to renewing an Annual Pass at the end of this year. I was only going to have an AP for one year, but I find my dollars are WELL SPENT supporting a business that has made this decision.
Stay safe everyone. Be smart and responsible.